Leaden-hall Market — in Gracechurch Street was established in the 14th century around the grand lead-roofed mansion of Leadenhall on Leadenhall street. It became one of the best places in London to buy meat, game, poultry and fish. In 1666 the market was destroyed in the Great Fire. New buildings were erected on the old site over the next years. (The present arcaded building, with its ironwork fašade, was designed in 1881 by Sir Horace Jones.)